With our Beyond Shades, we complete inside and outside shade measurements for you with the help of certified Hunter Douglas installers. If you would like to measure on your own at home, here is how:
You Will Need: Steel measuring tape, Step Ladder (if necessary), and a Pencil
Tip: Measure to the nearest 1/8″ of an inch
Inside Mount Shades
Installed inside the window frame or casing, Beyond Shades offers multiple customizable Inside Mounted Shades for whatever aesthetic or function your seeking. Inside Mounted Shades including; the bold and modern Pirouette® Window Shadings, the light diffusing Silhouette® Window Shadings, expansive customizable Duette® Honeycomb Shades, the luxurious soft folds of the Vignette® Modern Roman Shades, and the natural Provenance® Woven Wood Shades. All designed and custom-crafted in the U.S. with the highest level of quality. Inside Mount Roller Shades include the innovative and beautifully design Sonnette™ Cellular Roller Shades and Vignette® Modern Roman Shades.
Note: Depth Requirements
- Measure the depth of your window frame, ensuring your window recess meets the minimum depth requirement for an inside mount.
- Width: start at the top, middle, and bottom of your window opening and circle the narrowest measurement of the three – this will be the number you submit for your window’s width. For solar shades and vertical blinds, record the width at the top of the window only.
- Height: three places: left, center, and right. Use the smallest measurement if you’re measuring for sheer shades, vertical blinds, solar shades, or roller shades. For all other blinds and shades, use the longest measurement.
- Order at the exact opening size with no deductions.
- Double check: make sure measurements follow the width by height format (W x H)
Outside Mount Roller Shades
Mounted on the window molding, wall, or ceiling above your window, Outside Mount Window Shades make your windows appear wider and longer while also providing better light control and privacy. Beyond Shade’s Designer Roller Shades offer versatility and premium styling options all designed and custom-crafted in the U.S. with the highest level of quality.
Note: Flat Surface Requirements
- Check the mounting to ensure you have enough flat surface for the mounting hardware.
- Width: the fabric will be narrower, add 3 inches to determine the bracket-to-bracket width. Windows with no trim are recommended to add two to three inches on each side of your window to provide light gap coverage.
- Height: if you have a protruding window sill, start at the sill and measure three inches beyond the top of the window opening to accommodate mounting hardware. If not: we recommend starting your measurement two inches below the sill for maximum coverage and then measure three inches beyond the top of the window opening to accommodate for mounting hardware.
- Double check: make sure measurements follow the width by height format (W x H). Remember, with outside mount roller shades, your product will be made to the exact specified size.